St. Mary’s School COVID 19 Re-Entry Plan
St. Mary’s School offers a Christ-centered environment with academic excellence. We are pleased to have always offered our families a level of personal care and concern that far exceeds the general standards of a school environment. That is why it is so important for us to take every precaution and consideration for our school family before returning to school this fall.
St. Mary’s School is planning to return to on-site learning, five days a week, for Preschool through sixth grades. Revisions to this re-entry plan will be done in accordance with the Harrison County Health Department, the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, the WV Governor’s Office, and the State Board of Education. It is the intention of St. Mary’s Grade School to resume our classes with as much normalcy as possible for the academic, social, and mental health of our students and families. However, the current situation remains fluid.
Stay up to date with any changes by checking the St. Mary’s School website at www.stmaryswv.org. You may also email Nicole Folio, Principal at email@example.com, or Michelle Palmer, Director of Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 304-669-1972, email@example.com or call the school at 304-622-9831.
- Students will receive a Temperature check at drop off each morning prior to exiting the car.
- Temperature checks will be mandatory for faculty and staff prior to entering the school.
- Utilizing outdoor spaces around campus for classroom activities.
- Full-Time Nurse will be on site at SMS.
- There will be a quarantine area for students and or faculty and staff who become ill during the school day.
- Social distancing will be observed in the classrooms, hallways, etc.
- Faculty and staff will have a regimented schedule to tend to bathroom cleaning throughout the day.
- Water fountains will not be utilized. Students will be permitted to bring personal water bottles to school.
- The Diocese is providing a mechanism to deep clean the school weekly in addition to our cleaning staff that cleans daily.
- Students will rotate through Enrichment Classes when possible, following social distancing protocol. The goal is at least one enrichment class per day, per grade level.